Riding on the open road is an exciting experience for bikers. Before heading out on the road, it is important individuals have the right gear. From a helmet to goggles, having the right safety gear is essential for protecting bikers.
Why Are Motorcycle Goggles So Important?
Although many riders neglect wearing goggles, they are highly important for protection. This is a piece of motorcycle gear no biker should be without. Goggles offer protection from UV rays. UV rays can bounce off of the pavement and other vehicles. Too much UV exposure can eventually cause eye damage. Those who are interested in learning more should visit www.100percent.com/pages/100-goggles.
Some bikers think sunglasses will protect them, but this is not necessarily correct. Sunglasses do not completely shield the eyes, so UV rays, wind, and debris can still cause damage. With the right motorcycle goggles in place, a biker’s eyes will be protected.
7 Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying Motorcycle Goggles
Purchasing the right pair of motorcycle goggles is essential. Individuals are sometimes confused regarding motorcycle goggles because they are unsure of what to look for in a pair. The following offers information on seven things individuals need to keep in mind before making a motorcycle goggle purchase.
1. When purchasing motorcycle goggles, it is important to choose large lenses and a wrap-around style so the eyes are completely shielded from UV rays, wind, and debris. It is especially important to wear this style if a biker has an open helmet.
2. Because bikers will be wearing their goggles and helmet together, they need to make sure the motorcycle goggles they purchase are compatible with their helmet. If the goggles are too big, they could prevent the helmet from fitting correctly.
3. Although some goggles come without padding, it is wise to choose protective eyewear that has open-cell or closed-cell padding. The padding helps to protect a person’s temples from feeling too much compression.
4. It is important to choose a pair of goggles that are impact resistant. Ideally, individuals should choose goggles with an ANSI safety rating. It is essential the goggles are strong and durable.
5. Scratch-resistant coatings are also an important consideration. If a pair of motorcycle goggles becomes scratched, the scratches could prevent a biker from seeing clearly. Scratch-resistant lenses are a must.
6. It is also helpful if the goggles offer transition lenses. Those who ride at all times of the day and night need goggles that transition to meet the needs of the biker. At night, they are clear, and during the day, they become shaded for UV protection.
7. Flexibility and adjustments are important when it comes to motorcycle goggles. The goggles should be highly flexible, so they offer a comfortable fit. There should be adjustable straps available to customize the fit.
Research the Options Carefully
Research is key when it comes to choosing the best motorcycle goggles. The more a person knows about their options, the better equipped they will be to make a sound decision for their comfort and safety. Taking time in the purchase process will help individuals to prevent buyer’s remorse.
Wearing motorcycle goggles is essential for the protection of a biker’s eyes. Road debris, wind, and UV rays can all wreak havoc on the health of a person’s eyes. The right goggles should fit precisely and offer an extreme level of comfort and protection.
It is imperative that bikers wear their motorcycle goggles every time they ride their bikes. Eye damage can be kept at bay by wearing the very best goggles.