If you are planning to take a holiday in China, there is a lot to prepare, and the first thing to do is book your holiday with an established tour operator, and one that can actually tailor the holiday to best suit your needs. China is a huge country, and with so much to see and do, you really need the help of a company that can help you plan your time in China. Here is a list of essential items that you should include in your luggage when holidaying in China.
- Power Bank – With all the images and video you will take with your digital camera, you should have a power bank, which will give you a few more hours when your camera battery runs out. Charge the device before you leave your hotel in the morning and you can be sure that your phone and your camera will always have power.
- Antiseptic Wipes – These are very handy for keeping your hands clean, and they can be used to wipe up a spillage or just to refresh your face after a few hours of travel. If you search online, you will find some UK based China tour operators who can help you plan every aspect of your trip, and they would advise you about essential items to pack.
- English-Chinese Phrase Book – English is rarely spoken in China, and in order to communicate, you can either buy a small phrase book and dictionary, or download an app onto your smartphone, which will help you when you need something. You might wish to know where the restroom is, or you are lost and trying to find your hotel, in which case, a phrase book will be invaluable.
- Comfortable Hiking Shoes – You will be doing a lot of walking during your holiday in China, so it is essential that you have suitable footwear. Make sure the shoes have good grip, as you will sometimes have to negotiate uneven ground that might be wet, and if your shoes are not comfortable, you will soon suffer.
- Name Cards – When you meet a Chinese person, don’t be surprised if they hand you their name card, as it is traditional to exchange cards when meeting someone for the first time. If you don’t have any name cards, you can easily design them on a computer and print them out on quality paper, then cut them into individual sizes with a pair of scissors.
It is very important that you plan your holiday with an experienced China tour operator, as they would be able to tailor the holiday to suit your needs. If you are based in the UK, try to find a tour operator that is also based in the UK, and they can help you obtain your visa and can advise you on every aspect of the trip.